Friday, November 1, 2013

and the winner is....

Recently I was delighted and honored  to be awarded the "blogger to blogger" Leibster award by the charming blog The Eclectic Shorebird. This award specifically recognizes and helps promote  those blogs currently with smaller followings.
In keeping with Liebster tradition it's now my turn choose creative and unique blogs that have been inspirational to me but might still be undiscovered by many. My first award recipient is the enchanting Botanic Bleu.
I knew I'd adore Judith's blog when I popped over to her site and was greeted with a most sublime photo of a charming outdoor table set with delightful objects and mismatched chairs all with a seemingly effortless and very French flair. Just the way I would outfit my (dream) house in Province.
Botanic Bleu brims with charming ideas, travel tips (she could write a book on Paris), holiday ideas (she has a special fondness for Christmas) and tutorials for crafts and projects that add that je ne sais quoi to your life and home.
Judith is also a shop owner (sadly I'm no where near Texas) and seamlessly combines her blogging and retail talents in a wonderful resource for design inspiration dedicated to living every day with joy and grace.

Here are just few teasers
beautiful French inspired Fall Vignette
September's Vintage Bird Prints

Indulge in delightful armchair travels and exquisite photography in her series 

Part of the award involves a series of get to know you questions which the recipient will answer in an upcoming acceptance post and though I am no Barbara Walters he's a go:

How did you come to start your
Blog?

If you could meet one person from history, who would it be?

What's your favorite flower?

Your favorite book?

What four words best sum up your style?

If your life was a movie, which would it be?

Your favorite place to shop?

How do you de-stress from your busy schedule?

How would you spend a perfect day? 

Who inspires you?


For more inspired projects, lovely decor and general joie de vivre pop over and pay Judith a visit!















5 comments:

  1. Christina,
    Thank you so much for nominating Botanic Bleu for the Liebster Award. The Eclectic Shorebird made an excellent choice in naming your blog, Pennywise, for the award. All of your fun-filled creations are so inspiring and original.

    I truly am thrilled and honored, especially since you are such a creative artist. You have made 2013 a memorable year filled with joy of living for Botanic Bleu.

    In 2014 Pennywise will surely continue to receive honors and recognition, not only because of your incredible talent, but for your incredible generous loving spirit as well! Knowing bloggers like you makes blogging very rewarding.

    Every time I look at the Eiffel Tower postcard you sent from Paris, I will think of you and remember the beginnings of our friendship as bloggers...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Judith!
      It was a pleasure to nominate you! Botanic Bleu is just a delight. Each and every post is so beautifully and thoughtfully done. I'm relatively new to blogging but so lucky to count you among the wonderful and creative kindred spirits I've met in blogland.
      So glad your postcard arrived and thanks again, your travel advice on Paris was spot on, especially re: Musee du D'Orsay! (swoon) Next trip to Paris (yes I'm an eternal optimist-lol) I'll have to get to the Tour Eiffel post in time to get an official postmark!
      All the Best and wishing you continued success
      Christina

      Delete
  2. Great choice! But I didn't expect anything but fabulous from you. I'm her newest follower! Great questions too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina,Thanks for leaving me a sweet comment on my blog Little Brags (the Valentine Bunny post). I tried to reply directly to your comment, but you come up as a non reply blogger (Google glitch). xoxoxo Christine from Little Brags http://littlebrags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments and suggestions! Because of excessive spam we are currently asking for that pesky word verification